Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Faux Velveteen stamping

Hi everyone,

It's been way too long since I've participated in one of the Hero Arts challenges and Shari's Velveteen technique article was just the thing to get me moving again. I decided to put a digital  twist on this technique. I made a mask created with a Hero Arts/Silhouette shape, put the mask over some white cardstock, and inked directly with a Frost White ink pad. I removed the mask and let the ink dry before stamping the hello/bird and friend images over top.

Here's the card:



Here's the mask followed by a close up of the card:





HA:
Untitled Love
Block Prints
Soft Blossom Shadow Ink
Wet Cement Shadow Ink
Frost White Pigment Ink
Blush Buttons

Hero Arts Silhouette shape:
Damask background - www.silhouetteonlinestore.com/v2/viewShape.aspx?id=13239

Thanks so much for popping by!