Sunday, September 26, 2010

Leaf Cards

Some more cards for Hero Arts Autumn challenge. I LOVE using my Silhouette (in case you hadn't noticed). ;) They have a new program and I'm trying to transfer my library to the new system but it's not going very well. Oh well... we'll get there. :)

Here are the cards:



 The leaf shape is from here: www.silhouetteonlinestore.com/sd/viewShape.aspx?id=12581. I ungrouped the image so I could use the outline for the back and front of the card and cut the inside on a separate piece of paper. The greeting is from the Frames and Messages clear set. On the last one I crinkled up the paper to give it the texture of a real fall leaf.

I also made this card for challenge:


The main panel was kind of a happy mistake. I clear embossed the maple leaves and went over the panel with Walnut Stain distress ink. Apparently some of the tiny flowers were embossed and so they also resisted the ink. :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We had family over today to celebrate our twins' birthday. :)