Thursday, January 6, 2011

Friendly Flags Necklace

One of this month's challenges on the Hero Arts blog is make something inspired by one of the creations in the new 2011 catalog. As soon as I had the new Friendly Flags set in one hand and the catalog in the other I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I was inspired by Sally's necklace...


and this fun set...


to make this...




Here's how I made the beads. I stamped the flags, cut them out, and inked them up with Distress Inks. I then rolled them around tooth picks, adhering the the tips with Glossy Accents before covering the whole beads with Glossy Accents. Once dry they were removed and stringed on clear thread along with round black beads. It was SO fun to make!


I know this is a picture heavy post but I just have to share a few more pics of my daughter in 'model mode.' I have no idea where she learned to pose and I really had to try hard not to laugh. She was just so cute. :)




Thanks so much for popping by! I appreciate it! :)